De Kooning, Elaine Marie, b. 1918 d. 1989
Active in New York, N.Y.
Collection size: 1.3 linear feet
Collection Summary: The Elaine de Kooning papers date circa 1959-1988 and measure 1.3 linear feet. Scrapbooks, writings, interviews, lectures, photographs, printed material and artifacts document Elaine de Koonings career and life with Willem de Kooning.
Biographical/Historical Note: Elaine de Kooning (1918-1989) was a painter, teacher and writer on art influenced by the Abstract Expressionists lived and worked in New York City and East Hampton, New York.
The papers were donated to the Archives of American Art in 2013 and 2014 by Denise Lassaw, de Kooning's goddaughter.
How to Use this Collection
- Read the Finding Aid for this collection
- Use of original papers requires an appointment and is limited to the Archives' Washington, D.C., Research Center. Contact Reference Services for more information.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- Elaine and Willem de Kooning financial records, 1951-1969
- Oral history interview with Elaine de Kooning, 1981 Aug. 27
- Image Gallery items from other collections related to De Kooning, Elaine Marie