As a supporter of the Archives, you'll receive:
- Invitations to special events, trips, and programs
- Publications, including our e-newsletter and the Archives of American Art Journal
- Recognition in the Archives of American Art's annual report
- Donors of at least $250 will receive the Archives of American Art Journal (valued at $35)
- Gifts greater than $1,750 are fully tax deductible
- Donors of $2,500 or more will be recognized in the Smithsonian Institution's annual report
If you are planning a donation via wire transfer, please let us know of your intent and we will send you the necessary banking information. Please contact Melissa Cristal at 202-633-7265 or CristalM@si.edu.
Securities and Mutual Funds
Securities and mutual funds that have increased in value and been held for more than one year are popular assets to use when making a gift to the Archives of American Art. Making a gift of securities or mutual funds to us offers you the chance to support our work while realizing important benefits for yourself.
When you donate appreciated securities or mutual funds you have held more than one year to us in support of our mission, you can reduce or even eliminate federal capital gains taxes on the transfer. You may also be entitled to a federal income tax charitable deduction based on the fair market value of the securities at the time of the transfer.
For more information about securities and mutual funds, please contact Melissa Cristal at 202-633-7265 or CristalM@si.edu.
Matching and Endowed Gifts
An endowment gift creates a permanent legacy for you, allows you to honor a family member or loved one, and provides a steady stream of funds to sustain the Archives of American Art well into the future.
For more information about matching and endowed gifts, please contact Melissa Cristal at 202-633-7265 or CristalM@si.edu.
Interested in Planned Giving?
Visit our Planned Giving page