You are here
Donate to the Archives of American Art
Help us ensure that significant records and untold stories documenting the history of American art are collected, preserved, and shared with the world.
As a supporter of the Archives, you'll receive:
- Invitations to special events, trips, and programs
- Publications, including our e-newsletter and the Archives of American Art Journal
- Recognition in the Archives of American Art's annual report
- Donors of at least $150 will receive the Archives of American Art Journal (valued at $35)
- Gifts greater than $1,750 are fully tax deductible
- Donors of $2,500 or more will be recognized in the Smithsonian Institution's annual report
Gifts of appreciated publicly traded securities that you have held for longer than 12 months allow you to claim a charitable deduction for the full market value of the securities on the date the gift is made while avoiding tax on the capital gain.
Please contact Sarah Coco, Gift Registrar by phone 202-633-5019 or email (CocoS@si.edu) for securities gift instructions.
Make your gift to the Archives of American Art go further! Many employers sponsor matching gift programs that amplify your individual support. Retirees or spouses may also be able to participate. Click here to see if your company has a gift-matching program and find the relevant forms.
To make a gift with credit card over the phone, please call 202-633-7989, Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (except Federal holidays).
Please mail a check to the following address:
Archives of American Art Office of Advancement
Victor Building 2200
MRC 937 PO Box 37012
Washington, DC 20013-7012