You are here
- Research & Reference
- Interlibrary Loan
How to request microfilm from the Archives of American Art.
If you are a researcher interested in requesting a new microfilm loan or oral history transcript, you must work with your librarian to make the request through the Archives of American Art research request system.
For ILL librarians:
All requests are subject to the following conditions:
- Requests must be submitted by a librarian, who has registered for an account at https://aeon.aaa.si.edu.
- Materials are for in-library use only.
- Microfilm requests are limited to eight reels per patron.
- Each distinct collection or interview requires a separate form.
- Access Restricted materials are not eligible for interlibrary loan.
- Microfilm and transcripts are sent via U.S. Postal Service and are due back to the Archives' one month from the shipping date. International requests are due back six weeks from the shipping date.
- A two week renewal may be granted if the Archives receives your renewal request before the due date. To request renewal, please send an email to email@example.com with the subject line "ILL Renewal."
- There is no charge for this service.
- Copyright laws apply to all requests.