Three Arts Club of Chicago

Inclusive Dates: 
1914–2004

This record forms part of the Chicago’s Art-Related Archival Materials: A Terra Foundation Resource project funded by the Terra Foundation for American Art. For this project, the Archives surveyed archival repositories throughout the Chicago region to identify art-related materials contained in their holdings. While the Archives of American Art does not own any of the materials described herein, information about those materials and links to the original repositories have been included when available.

Descriptive Summary

79 linear feet of material documenting the history of the Three Arts Club of Chicago, with some documentation of its six sister organizations across the U.S. and Europe. Included are lists of residents, photographs, newsletters material relating to events and programs organized by the club.

Biographical Historical Note

The Three Arts Club of Chicago was an organization offering support and temporary residence for women painters, actors and musicians, incorporated in 1912 and operated as a residence continuously until 2003.