Polish Arts Club of Chicago

Inclusive Dates: 
1925–1988
Survey Repository: 

This record forms part of the Chicago’s Art-Related Archival Materials: A Terra Foundation Resource project funded by the Terra Foundation for American Art. For this project, the Archives surveyed archival repositories throughout the Chicago region to identify art-related materials contained in their holdings. While the Archives of American Art does not own any of the materials described herein, information about those materials and links to the original repositories have been included when available.

Descriptive Summary

3 linear feet of material relating to the Polish Arts Club of Chicago, consisting of constitutions, meeting minutes, convention and other event publications, clippings, and copies of the Polish Arts Club Bulletin. Also included are brochures, exhibit flyers, press releases, some photographs of artworks relating to the art exhibitions at the Polish Arts Club of Chicago.

Biographical Historical Note

The Polish Arts Club in Chicago was chartered in 1926 to promote the fine and performing arts in Chicago’s Polish American community. It has held art exhibitions almost annually since 1933.