Records of the Block Gallery

Inclusive Dates: 
1932–1997
Survey Repository: 

This record forms part of the Chicago’s Art-Related Archival Materials: A Terra Foundation Resource project funded by the Terra Foundation for American Art. For this project, the Archives surveyed archival repositories throughout the Chicago region to identify art-related materials contained in their holdings. While the Archives of American Art does not own any of the materials described herein, information about those materials and links to the original repositories have been included when available.

Descriptive Summary

82 boxes of material relating to the Mary and Leigh Block Gallery (later Museum) at Northwestern University, consisting of administrative and general correspondence files, donation and development records, events files, exhibitions files, Friends of Art files, grants and arts organizations files, and personnel files.

Biographical Historical Note

The Mary and Leigh Block Gallery at Northwestern University was founded in 1980. Its name was changed to the Mary and Leigh Block Museum in 1998.