You are here
Dill Pickle Club records
This record forms part of the Chicago’s Art-Related Archival Materials: A Terra Foundation Resource project funded by the Terra Foundation for American Art. For this project, the Archives surveyed archival repositories throughout the Chicago region to identify art-related materials contained in their holdings. While the Archives of American Art does not own any of the materials described herein, information about those materials and links to the original repositories have been included when available.
2.5 linear feet (3 boxes, 2 oversize boxes, and 1 oversize folder) of material consisting of miscellaneous material relating to the Dill Pickle Club of Chicago (1916–c.1933) and its leading founder, John (Jack) Jones. The bulk of the collection, most of which was removed from two scrapbooks, consists of handbills, fliers, programs and posters announcing and advertising numerous lectures, readings, parties, plays and other regular activities. Also includes art work, some of it by Stanisław Szukalski, business and membership items, clippings, a few letters, photographs, poetry and Jack Jones memorabilia.
Biographical Historical Note
The Dill Pickle Club was a social club for free-thinking intellectuals, political radicals, and others established in Chicago around 1914. The club survived into the early 1930s.