Ralph Watkins metalcrafts collection of design drawings

Inclusive Dates: 
before 1982
Survey Repository: 

This record forms part of the Chicago’s Art-Related Archival Materials: A Terra Foundation Resource project funded by the Terra Foundation for American Art. For this project, the Archives surveyed archival repositories throughout the Chicago region to identify art-related materials contained in their holdings. While the Archives of American Art does not own any of the materials described herein, information about those materials and links to the original repositories have been included when available.

Descriptive Summary

19 drawings consisting of designs for furniture and memorials.

Biographical Historical Note

Ralph Watkins Metalcrafts (also known as Ralph Watkins Wrought Metalcrafts) was established in 1925 at 2251 East 75th Street on Chicago’s South Side to produce ornamental metal objects for architectural projects, specializing in metal lettering.