You are here
Daprato Statuary Company collection of visual materials
This record forms part of the Chicago’s Art-Related Archival Materials: A Terra Foundation Resource project funded by the Terra Foundation for American Art. For this project, the Archives surveyed archival repositories throughout the Chicago region to identify art-related materials contained in their holdings. While the Archives of American Art does not own any of the materials described herein, information about those materials and links to the original repositories have been included when available.
1 album of photographic and photomechanical prints showing workers, statues, showroom, offices and exterior of the studio of manufacturers of ecclesiastical statuary. These views are thought to be from the company’s New York branch.
Biographical Historical Note
Daprato Statuary Company was founded in 1860 in Chicago by four Italian immigrant brothers. In 1890, John E. Rigali, who had arrived from Italy in 1881, became a partner and ultimately president of Daprato studios. The company eventually operated from offices in Chicago, New York, and Sanpietro, Italy, and expanded to many facets of church furnishings and decoration. In 1960, the company was renamed Daprato Rigali Studios and now produces and restores sculptures, mosaics, stained glass windows, mural paintings, wood furnishings, and other objects.