You are here
Chicago School of Design film out-takes
This record forms part of the Chicago’s Art-Related Archival Materials: A Terra Foundation Resource project funded by the Terra Foundation for American Art. For this project, the Archives surveyed archival repositories throughout the Chicago region to identify art-related materials contained in their holdings. While the Archives of American Art does not own any of the materials described herein, information about those materials and links to the original repositories have been included when available.
1 reel of black and white 16 mm. film compiled from out-takes of films made at the Chicago School of Design under the supervision of Lazlo Moholy-Nagy.
Biographical Historical Note
The Institute of Design began in Chicago in 1937 as the New Bauhaus; closed in 1938; reopened in 1939 as the Chicago School of Design; changed name in 1944 to the Institute of Design; became part of the Illinois Institute of Technology in 1949.
László Moholy-Nagy was a Hungarian-born sculptor, designer, painter and photographer who was one of the founders of the Institute of Design in Chicago, in 1939.