You are here
Our Lady of Sorrows Basilica Archives
This record forms part of the Chicago’s Art-Related Archival Materials: A Terra Foundation Resource project funded by the Terra Foundation for American Art. For this project, the Archives surveyed archival repositories throughout the Chicago region to identify art-related materials contained in their holdings. While the Archives of American Art does not own any of the materials described herein, information about those materials and links to the original repositories have been included when available.
3 folders of material relating to the creators of art and decorative work in the basilica. The archives includes small amounts of correspondence, exhibition brochures, clippings, photographs, invoices, and similar materials relating to painters Henry C. Balinck, Charles Bosseron Chambers, Frank Giusti, Richard Schmid, Sister Mary Stanisia; stained glass artists Larry Zgoda and Richard Weber; art glass firms Munich Studio and Clinton Glass Co.; and Deprato Statuary Company and its successor, Daprato Rigali.
Biographical Historical Note
Our Lady of Sorrrows Basilica on Chicago’s West Side was constructed between 1890 and 1902, with decoration in various mediums being added in the ensuing decades.