Size: 5 Items, (on partial microfilm reel)
Summary: Papers compiled by Adams relating to lithographs produced by the Kellogg family lithographers of Hartford, Conn., including a bibliography prepared by Adams of sources for the study of the lithographs; a 2 p. transcript of an interview with William Bulkeley, President of the Kellogg & Bulkeley Co., about the thematic content of the lithographs; and transcripts made by Adams of three letters, 1831-1833, one from E. C. Kellogg to Daniel W. Kellogg, and two from Daniel W. Kellogg to John Richardson [a buyer].
Kellogg & Bulkeley Co. was established by Daniel Wright Kellogg in 1830 and known as D. W. Kellogg and Company until 1842, at which time the company was taken over by younger brothers Edmund B. and Elijah Chapman and renamed E.B. & E.C. Kellogg. In 1867, after various permutations, the present company Kellogg & Bulkeley was formed. William Bulkeley, president of the company in 1974 and associated with the firm since 1919, is the grandson of William H. Bulkeley, who acquired the firm in 1867. The Kellogg lithographic firm was second only to Currier & Ives in quantity and character of work.
Donated 1974 by Adams.