Freda Koblick (1920-2011) was a sculptor in San Francisco, California. Koblick attended San Francisco City College and San Francisco State College. She then moved to Los Angeles and received a certificate as a plastics engineer in 1943 from the Plastics Industries Technical Institute. She worked only in plastics as a medium for sculpture, with an emphasis on cast acrylic. At the start of her career she focused on designing and producing functional cast plastic objects such as doors, lighting, doorknobs, and fountains often in collaboration with architects.
By the 1960s Koblick was exhibiting her sculptures and was regularly teaching, lecturing, and offering workshops on plastics sculpture. From 1965 to 1967 she was a Senior Research Fellow at the Royal College of Art, London, where she set up the Experimental Plastics Unit and taught plastics theory and application. During the 1970s she received several large scale commissions, most notably a sculpture for the North Terminal of the San Francisco International Airport. In 1980 she moved into a former synagogue in the Mission District of San Francisco where she had a large studio and living space. She continued producing new artwork until she was in her mid-80s, at which point her health limited her ability to work.