Young Men's and Young Women's Hebrew Association of Philadelphia. Arts Council,
Collection size: 1.2 linear feet
Collection Summary: The records of the YM/YWHA Arts Council measure 1.2 linear feet and date from 1962 to 2006, with the bulk of the records dating from 1967 to 1981. This collection documents the activities of the Philadelphia-based arts organization, primarily during the period that Judith Golden was the council chair. Included are administrative records, scattered correspondence, exhibition and program files, and printed material.
Biographical/Historical Note: The YM/YWHA Arts Council was an arts center in Philadelphia, Penn. The Arts Council was dedicated to bringing the visual and performing arts to Philadelphia.
The YM/YWHA Arts Council records were lent for microfilming in 1986 and subsequently donated with additional unmicrofilmed material in 2010 by Judith Golden, former chairman of the YM/YWHA Arts Council of Philadelphia.
How to Use this Collection
- Read the Finding Aid for this collection
- Portions of the collection are available on 35 mm microfilm reel 3898 at Archives of American Art offices, and through interlibrary loan. Researchers should note that the arrangement of documents on microfilm does not match the current arrangement of these records.
- Use of original papers requires an appointment and is limited to the Archives' Washington, D.C., Research Center. Microfilmed materials must be consulted on microfilm. Contact Reference Services for more information.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- Image Gallery items from other collections related to Young Men's and Young Women's Hebrew Association of Philadelphia. Arts Council