Kuniyoshi, Yasuo, b. 1893 d. 1953
Painter, Photographer, Art teacher, Lithographer
Active in Woodstock, N.Y.
Collection size: 1.0 linear feet
Collection Summary: The Yasuo Kuniyoshi photographs of artwork measure 1.0 linear feet and date from circa 1945 to 1953. This collection contains 54 glass plate negatives and corresponding copy prints depicting artwork by Yasuo Kuniyoshi. A cross reference number has been provided to match copy prints with glass plate negatives within the collection, as glass plate negatives are housed separately and closed to researchers.
Biographical/Historical Note: Japanese-American painter and printmaker; New York.
Glass negatives donated in 1992 by Mrs. Oliver Baker, whose husband was a long-time friend of Kuniyoshi. Copyprints produced by the Smithsonian's Photo Lab, 1993.
How to Use this Collection
- Use of original papers requires an appointment and is limited to the Archives' Washington, D.C., Research Center. Contact Reference Services for more information.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- Yasuo Kuniyoshi letter to Edgar P. Richarson, 1948 July 25
- Yasuo Kuniyoshi papers, 1906-2013
- Image and Media Gallery items from other collections related to Kuniyoshi, Yasuo