Whittredge, Worthington, b. 1820 d. 1910
Active in New York, N.Y.
Collection size: 1 item (on 1 microfilm reel)
Collection Summary: Frames: 46-52: A letter to [John Ferguson] Weir, Sept. 19, 1871, asking him to send the two pictures back to him; sorry about the death of Weir's father-in-law; he has been in the Catskills since he returned from the West; his wife is "expectant"; "anxious to get to work in my studio".
Biographical/Historical Note: Painter, engraver; New York, N.Y.
Donated 1976 by Letitia Howe.
How to Use this Collection
- Microfilm reel 3482 available for use at Archives of American Art offices and through interlibrary loan.
- Use of original papers requires an appointment and is limited to the Archives' Washington, D.C., Research Center. Microfilmed materials must be consulted on microfilm. Contact Reference Services for more information.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- Worthington Whittredge papers, circa 1840s-1965, bulk 1849-1908
- Worthington Whittredge sale records, 1900
- Image and Media Gallery items from other collections related to Whittredge, Worthington