Chase, William Merritt, b. 1849 d. 1916
Painter, Art teacher
Active in New York, N.Y.
Collection size: 1 item (on partial microfilm reel)
Collection Summary: Letter (with typescript) to John A. Stewart. Chase writes "I have the honor to accept the invitation to be one of the committee for the celebration of the one hundredth anniversary of Peace among English speaking peoples."
Biographical/Historical Note: Painter, art instructor; New York, N.Y.
Provenance of letter is unknown.
How to Use this Collection
- Microfilm reel D8 (frame 440) available for use at Archives of American Art offices and through interlibrary loan.
- Collection is CLOSED for digitization and is closed to researchers.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- William Merritt Chase papers, circa 1890-1964
- Image and Media Gallery items from other collections related to Chase, William Merritt