Drewes, Werner, b. 1899 d. 1985
Painter, Muralist, Printmaker
Active in New York, N.Y.; Calif.
Collection size: Video recording: 6 videocassettes (U-matic) (ca. 20 min. each) : sd., col. ; 3/4 in.
Collection Summary: A videotaped interview of Werner Drewes conducted by Ann Thomas for the Greater Reston Art Center at Drewes' home in Reston, Va. Drewes speaks about his studies at the Weimar Staatliches Bauhaus; his teachers; social activities at the Bauhaus; his experiments with geometric forms; and his woodcut technique. He demonstrates his artistic process from sketch to finished painting. Drewes' wife Maria is also present during part of the interview.
Donated 1987 by Greater Reston Art Center.
How to Use this Collection
- Use of original papers requires an appointment and is limited to the Archives' Washington, D.C., Research Center. Contact Reference Services for more information.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- Oral history interview with Werner Drewes, 1975 Feb. 19
- Werner Drewes interviews, 1983 Dec. 9-1984 Mar. 16
- Werner Drewes papers, 1838-2015, bulk 1890-1990
- Image and Media Gallery items from other collections related to Drewes, Werner