Peirce, Waldo, b. 1884 d. 1970
Active in Searsport, Me.
Collection size: 23 items (on 1 microfilm reel)
Collection Summary: Letters to Capt. Sally Jane Davis, W.A.C., April 12-May 18, 1943, who was later instrumental in having Peirce's wife, Alzira, released from the service. The letters and accompanying envelopes also include watercolor sketches and verse.
Biographical/Historical Note: Painter, watercolorist; Searsport, Maine.
Donated 1971 by Sally Davis, via Harry Lowe.
How to Use this Collection
- Microfilm reel 107 available for use at Archives of American Art offices and through interlibrary loan.
- Use of original papers requires an appointment and is limited to the Archives' Washington, D.C., Research Center. Microfilmed materials must be consulted on microfilm. Contact Reference Services for more information.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- Unser Kent / by W. P. ; with a portrait of the author by Rockwell Kent, 1930
- Waldo Peirce papers, 1903-1970
- Image and Media Gallery items from other collections related to Peirce, Waldo