Dickinson, Edwin Walter, b. 1891 d. 1978
Active in New York, N.Y.; Wellfleet, Mass.
Collection size: 1 videocassette (U-matic) (10 min) : sd., b&w ; 3/4 in.
Collection Summary: Portions of taped interviews conducted by Weeden in the summer of 1970 and by Karl Fortess, ca. 1970, are combined with footage shot in fall 1970 in Dickinson's home and studio in Wellfleet, Mass. Dickinson speaks mostly of his painting.
Biographical/Historical Note: Dickinson was a painter. Died 1978.
Donated 1993 by Robert S.D. Weeden.
How to Use this Collection
- Use of original papers requires an appointment and is limited to the Archives' Washington, D.C., Research Center. Contact Reference Services for more information.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- Edwin W. Dickinson interview, 1970 Aug. 12
- Edwin W. Dickinson interview, 1972 June 13
- Edwin Walter Dickinson papers, 1909-1971
- Oral history interview with Edwin Dickinson, 1968 August 29
- Oral history interview with Edwin W. Dickinson, 1962 August 22
- Image and Media Gallery items from other collections related to Dickinson, Edwin Walter