Treasury Relief Art Project
Collection size: 1 item (on partial microfilm reel).
Collection Summary: Catalog for an exhibition at the Corcoran Gallery of Art. Includes a list of artists and the works they did for TRAP and the Section. [Microfilm title Treasury Relief Art Project].
Biographical/Historical Note: The Treasury Relief Art Project (TRAP) was established in 1935 under the Department of the Treasury with funds allocated from the Works Progress Administration (later the Work Projects Administration). It operated as a relief agency for unemployed artists and engaged them specifically for the decoration of federal buildings, choosing artists through a system of juried competition.
How to Use this Collection
- Microfilm reel 3483 available at Archives of American Art offices and through interlibrary loan.
- Use of original papers requires an appointment and is limited to the Archives' Washington, D.C., Research Center. Microfilmed materials must be consulted on microfilm. Contact Reference Services for more information.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- Treasury Relief Art Project selected administrative and business records, 1935-1939
- Image and Media Gallery items from other collections related to Treasury Relief Art Project