Nast, Thomas, b. 1840 d. 1902
Active in New York, N.Y.
Collection size: 3 items (on 2 partial microfilm reels)
Collection Summary: REEL D9: A letter to William A. Moore, November 5, 1877, describing his engraving techniques, and to Charles Henry Hart, July 20, 1896, regarding a drawing of Napoleon by Nast.
REEL 3161: A letter, 1874, from Nast to "Dear Sir" thanking him for the "complimentary notice" of Nast's art work.
Biographical/Historical Note: Illustrator, cartoonist; New York, N.Y.
Letters on reel D9 donated, 1955-1962, by Charles E. Feinberg, an active donor and friend of AAA. Letter on reel 3161 was transfered from the National Portrait Gallery Library, 1981.
How to Use this Collection
- Microfilm reels D9 (fr. 758-761) and 3161 available for use at Archives of American Art offices and through interlibrary loan.
- Use of original papers requires an appointment and is limited to the Archives' Washington, D.C., Research Center. Microfilmed materials must be consulted on microfilm. Contact Reference Services for more information.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- Thomas Nast drawings, [ca. 1864-1902]
- Image and Media Gallery items from other collections related to Nast, Thomas