Nast, Thomas, b. 1840 d. 1902
Active in New York, N.Y.
Collection size: 56 items (on 2 partial microfilm reels)
Collection Summary: Drawings, sketches and cartoons.
REEL 2523: 37 drawings and sketches, ca. 1864-1889, cataloged by the Williams College Museum of Art.
REEL 3161: 18 pen and ink political cartoons and caricatures, undated and 1902, and a study, signed by Nast. 11 of the drawings contain captions on the verso by an unknown person.
Biographical/Historical Note: Cartoonist and illustrator; New York, N.Y.
Cartoons on reel 3161 donated, 1962, by Charles E. Feinberg, an active donor and friend of AAA. Drawings and sketches on reel 2523 lent for microfilming, 1982, by Williams College Museum of Art.
How to Use this Collection
- Microfilm reels 2523 and 3161 available for use at Archives of American Art offices and through interlibrary loan.
- Use of original papers requires an appointment and is limited to the Archives' Washington, D.C., Research Center. Microfilmed materials must be consulted on microfilm. Contact Reference Services for more information.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- Thomas Nast letters, 1874-1896
- Image and Media Gallery items from other collections related to Nast, Thomas