Messer, Thomas M., b. 1920
Active in New York, N.Y.
Collection size: 0.6 linear ft.
Collection Summary: Exhibition catalogs, 1949-1961; Roswell Museum Bulletin, 1949- 1952, Institute of Contemporary Art (Boston) Bulletin, 1957-1961; annual reports of the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum, 1977-1987; and the book, 100 Works by Modern Masters from the Guggenheim Museum by Vivian Endicott Barnett, with an introduction by Messer (H.N. Abrams : 1984).
Biographical/Historical Note: Museum director; New York, N.Y. Messer was museum director at the Roswell Museum (N.M.), the Institute of Contemporary Art in Boston, and at the Guggenheim Museum, New York.
Donated 1995 by Thomas M. Messer.
How to Use this Collection
- Use of original papers requires an appointment and is limited to the Archives' Washington, D.C., Research Center. Contact Reference Services for more information.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- Oral history interview with Thomas M. Messer, 1970 Sept. 22
- Oral history interview with Thomas M. Messer, 1994 Oct.-1995 Jan
- Image and Media Gallery items from other collections related to Messer, Thomas M.