Benton, Thomas Hart, b. 1889 d. 1975
Active in Kansas City, Mo.
Collection size: 8 items (on partial microfilm reel)
Collection Summary: Two broadsides advertising activities for Thomas Hart Benton Homecoming Day in Neosho Missouri; a printed letter handed out to visitors during his painting of the mural at the Missouri State Capital building; 3 letters and a typescript of a booklet about Benton's mural in the Missouri capital (all photocopies); and a photocopy of a letter to the editors of the ART DIGEST by Benton.
Biographical/Historical Note: American regionalist painter; Kansas City, Mo.
Material on reel 2786 (fr. 1221-1269) donated 1980 by Nancy Edelman; (fr. 1270-1274) transferred from the NMAA-NPG Library to the Archives of American Art, 1977; (fr. 1275-1277) donated 1965 by Mrs. Arthur L. Sultan; and provenance of material on (fr. 1278-1284) is unknown.
How to Use this Collection
- Microfilm reel 2786 available for use at Archives of American Art offices and through interlibrary loan.
- Use of original papers requires an appointment and is limited to the Archives' Washington, D.C., Research Center. Microfilmed materials must be consulted on microfilm. Contact Reference Services for more information.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- Oral history interview with Thomas Hart Benton, 1973 July 23-24
- Thomas Hart Benton papers, 1906-1975
- Image and Media Gallery items from other collections related to Benton, Thomas Hart