Egri, Ted, b. 1913 d. 2010
Active in Taos, N.M.
Active in Taos,N.M.
Collection size: 1 microfilm reel and 4 sound cassettes.
Collection Summary: Research material on Walter Ufer, including an exhibition catalog from his 1970 retrospective; notes and writings; correspondence about Egri's article on Ufer for American Artist (1978); transcripts and notes from telephone conversations and interviews with friends and associates about their recollections of Ufer; photographs of his paintings; photocopies of 3 letters from Ufer to Frank and Hazel Hoffman and Carl Runguis; and 4 taped interviews with Regina Ufer, Christine Self, Hazel Hoffman and Dixie Yaple.
Biographical/Historical Note: The Egri's researched Walter Ufer, a painter; Taos, New Mexico. Ted Egri, b. 1913, sculptor, painter, art instructor, FAP artist, Taos, N.M., brother of painter Ruth Egri
Material on reel 3125 was lent for microfilming by Ted and Katherine Egri, 1984, as part of the Archives of American Art's Texas project. The tapes were lent for duplicating at the same time.
How to Use this Collection
- Microfilm reel 3215 available for use only at the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston; AAA's Washington, D.C. office; and through interlibrary loan.
- Use of original papers requires an appointment and is limited to the Archives' Washington, D.C., Research Center. Microfilmed materials must be consulted on microfilm. Contact Reference Services for more information.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- Oral history interview with Ted Egri, 1965 March 22
- Ted Egri papers, [ca. 1920-1980]
- Ted Egri photographs of work for the Federal Art Project, 1938