Kuhn, Walt, b. 1877 d. 1949
Painter, Sculptor, Printmaker, Portrait painter
Active in New York, N.Y.
Collection size: 25 p. , 19 cm.
Format: "The Armory show of 1913 (International Exhibiton of modern art [was] given under the auspices of the Association of American Painters and Sculptors)..."
Collection Summary: History of the Armory Show, written and published by Walt Kuhn.
Biographical/Historical Note: Kuhn was a painter and secretary of the Association of Painters and Sculptors, the organizer of the International Exhibition of Modern Art held 1913 at the 69th St. Armory, NYC, known as the Armory Show.
Donated by David Kasmire, 1993.
How to Use this Collection
- Microfilm reel 5042 (fr. 1769-1786) available for use at Archives of American Art offices and throughinterlibrary loan.
- Use of original papers requires an appointment and is limited to the Archives' Washington, D.C., Research Center. Microfilmed materials must be consulted on microfilm. Contact Reference Services for more information.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- Letter to Adele Weibel, 1938 Mar. 14
- Walt Kuhn, Kuhn family papers, and Armory Show records, 1859-1978, bulk 1900-1949
- Image and Media Gallery items from other collections related to Kuhn, Walt