Macdonald-Wright, Stanton, b. 1890 d. 1973
Active in Los Angeles, Calif.
Collection size: 0.2 linear ft. (on 1 microfilm reel)
Collection Summary: 118 letters from Macdonald-Wright to Morgan Russell.
Biographical/Historical Note: Painter Macdonald-Wright was Morgan Russell's sales agent and benefactor as well as his friend.
Donated 1975 by Jean Macdonald-Wright, widow of Stanton Macdonald-Wright. She acquired the letters from Henry Reed.
How to Use this Collection
- Microfilm reel 1266 available for use only at Archives of American Art offices.
- Use of original papers requires an appointment and is limited to the Archives' Washington, D.C., Research Center. Microfilmed materials must be consulted on microfilm. Contact Reference Services for more information.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- Oral history interview with Stanton Macdonald-Wright, 1964 Apr. 13-Sept. 16
- Oral history interview with Stanton Macdonald-Wright, 1967 May 26
- Stanton Macdonald-Wright collection, 1940-1950
- Stanton Macdonald-Wright letters to Alan and Fanny Leslie, 1968-1976
- Stanton Macdonald-Wright papers, 1907-1973
- Image and Media Gallery items from other collections related to Macdonald-Wright, Stanton