Whistler, James McNeill, b. 1834 d. 1903
Active in Paris, France; London, England; Mass.
Collection size: 1 partial microfilm reel
Collection Summary: Whistler correspondence, printed material and miscellaneous papers assembled by the New York Public Library from separate collections.
Biographical/Historical Note: Painter; London, England.
Microfilmed 1956 by the Archives of American Art with other art-related papers in the Manuscript Division of the New York Public Library. Included in the microfilming project were selected papers of the Art Division and the Prints Division.
How to Use this Collection
- Microfilm reel N25 (frames 903-1130) available for use at Archives of American Art offices and through interlibrary loan.
- The Archives of American art does not own the original papers. Use is limited to the microfilm copy.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- James McNeill Whistler collection in the University of Glasgow, Special Collections, [ca. 1830-1963.]
- James McNeill Whistler collection, 1863-1906, circa 1940
- Selected papers from the Pennell-Whistler collection in the Library of Congress, 1830-1903
- Image Gallery items from other collections related to Whistler, James McNeill