Low, Sanford B. D. (Sanford Ballard Dole), b. 1905 d. 1964
Painter, Museum director, Illustrator, Designer
Active in New Britain, Conn.; Martha's Vineyard, Mass.
Collection size: 5 items.
Collection Summary: An exhibition catalog, undated; and 4 newspaper clippings on Low.
Biographical/Historical Note: Low was a painter and director of the New Britain Museum of American Art.
Donated 1981 by John C. White, M.D., who compiled the material for research on Low.
How to Use this Collection
- Microfilm reel 2147 (frames 3-12) available at Archives of American Art offices and through interlibrary loan.
- Use of original papers requires an appointment and is limited to the Archives' Washington, D.C., Research Center. Microfilmed materials must be consulted on microfilm. Contact Reference Services for more information.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- Sanford B. D. Low papers, 1931-1975
- Image and Media Gallery items from other collections related to Low, Sanford B. D. (Sanford Ballard Dole)