Adler, Samuel, b. 1898 d. 1979
Painter, Educator, Collagist
Active in New York, N.Y.
Collection size: 1 item (on partial reel of microfilm)
Collection Summary: A letter to Harry Lowe, Assistant Director of the National Museum of American Art, October 17, 1972, thanking Lowe for meeting with him, and enclosing an invitation to Adler's 25th anniversary exhibition at the Rehn Gallery.
Biographical/Historical Note: Collage artist; New York, N.Y. Died in 1979.
Transferred from the National Museum of American Art/National Portrait Gallery Library, 1981.
How to Use this Collection
- Microfilm reel 2786 available at Archives of American Art offices and through interlibrary loan.
- Use of original papers requires an appointment and is limited to the Archives' Washington, D.C., Research Center. Microfilmed materials must be consulted on microfilm. Contact Reference Services for more information.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- Samuel Adler interview, 1964 Mar. 12
- Samuel Adler papers, 1902-1979
- Image and Media Gallery items from other collections related to Adler, Samuel