Duckworth, Ruth, b. 1919 d. 2009
Active in Chicago, Ill.
Collection size: 5.7 linear feet
Collection Summary: Biographical material, correspondence, photographs, artwork and printed material documenting the career of sculptor and ceramist Ruth Duckworth.
Biographical material includes daybooks and calendars. Correspondence is professional and includes letters from galleries about Duckworth's exhibitions and correspondence regarding commissions of public art. Photographs are of Duckworth and her sculptures. Artwork consists of sketchbooks, loose sketches and collages. Printed material includes clippings, magazines and brochures.
Biographical/Historical Note: Ruth Duckworth (1919-2009) was a sculptor and ceramist in Chicago, Illinois.
Donated 2015 by Thea Berger, Ruth Duckworth's agent. A portion of this material was lent for microfilming 1977 by Ruth Duckworth.
How to Use this Collection
- Biographical information, photographs, twelve silhouette cutouts, a scrapbook of clippings and loose printed material microfilmed on reel 1397 available at Archives of American Art offices and through interlibrary loan
- Use of original papers requires an appointment and is limited to the Archives' Washington, D.C., Research Center.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- Oral history interview with Ruth Duckworth, 2001 April 27
- Image and Media Gallery items from other collections related to Duckworth, Ruth