Burckhardt, Rudy, b. 1914 d. 1999
Painter, Photographer, Filmmaker
Active in New York, N.Y.
Collection size: 4.2 linear feet
Collection Summary: A bulk of the collection consists of black and white negatives and a few photographs of works of art by a variety of artists, exhibition installations, galleries and art collections taken by Rudy Burckhardt. Additional material includes biographical information, printed material including exhibition catalog and announcements, 1974-1990; clippings, 1981; and a book about Burckhardt, "Conversations About Everything," by Simon Pettet (1987).
Biographical/Historical Note: Rudy Burkchardt (1914-1999) was a photographer, filmmaker, and painter. Burckhardt often photographed works of art for the Leo Castelli Gallery.
Donated 1993 by Rudy Burckhardt. A bulk of the material was donated 2011 by Yvonne Jacquette Burckhardt, Burckhardt's widow.
How to Use this Collection
- The donor, Yvonne Jacquette Burckhardt, has retained copyright where applicable to negatives of photographs taken by Burckhardt. AAA has been given a non-exclusive license to reproduce and display.
- Collection is CLOSED to researchers for processing. Contact Reference Services for more information.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- Oral history interview with Rudy Burckhardt, 1993 January 14
- Image and Media Gallery items from other collections related to Burckhardt, Rudy