Moyer, Roy, b. 1921 d. 2007
Active in New York, N.Y.
Collection size: 2.7 linear feet
Collection Summary: The papers of artist and arts administrator Roy Moyer measure 2.7 linear feet and date from 1923 to 2013, with the bulk of the materials dating from 1950 to 2000. The materials also conern to a limited degree Moyer's life partner, artist and art historian, Karl Lunde. Moyer's career is documented by writings, photographs of his artwork and exhibiton installations, as well as printed materials concerning exhibitions and his participation in cultural and community activities. There is limited correspondence or material of a personal nature.
Biographical/Historical Note: Artist and arts administrator Roy Moyer (1921-2007) and his life partner, artist and art historian, Karl Lunde (1931-2009), lived and worked in the New York City area.
The papers were donated to the Archives of American Art in 2011 by Karl Lunde.
How to Use this Collection
- Read the Finding Aid for this collection
- Use of original papers requires an appointment and is limited to the Archives Washington, D.C., Research Center. Contact Reference Services for more information.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- Oral history interview with Roy Moyer, 1975 Sept. 17-23
- Image and Media Gallery items from other collections related to Moyer, Roy