Kent, Rockwell, b. 1882 d. 1971
Painter, Author, Illustrator
Collection size: 4 items (on partial microfilm reel)
Collection Summary: Four letters from Kent to Hatt, an administrator at Cranbrook Academy, concerning Hatt's commissioning Kent to make a seal for Cranbrook, its execution, and completion.
Biographical/Historical Note: Painter, illustrator, writer, lecturer; Ausable Forks, New York.
Donated 1955 by Robert T. Hatt, an administrator at Cranbrook Academy.
How to Use this Collection
- Microfilm reel D10 (fr. 1387-1390) available for use at Archives of American Art offices and through interlibrary loan.
- Use of original papers requires an appointment and is limited to the Archives' Washington, D.C., Research Center. Microfilmed materials must be consulted on microfilm. Contact Reference Services for more information.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- Oral history interview with Rockwell Kent, 1969 Feb. 26-27
- Rockwell Kent interview, 1957 Sept. 12
- Rockwell Kent papers, [circa 1840]-1993, bulk 1935-1961
- Image and Media Gallery items from other collections related to Kent, Rockwell