Wiegand, Robert, b. 1934 d. 1993
Painter, Video artist
Active in New York, N.Y.
Collection size: 10.3 linear ft.
Collection Summary: The papers of New York video artist and painter Robert Wiegand measure 10.3 linear feet and date from 1953 to 1994. Found within the collection are biographical materials, correspondence, art project and exhibition files, printed materials, video art, photographs, and industrial and miscellaneous video recordings. About one-half of the collection is comprised of video recordings.
Biographical/Historical Note: Robert Wiegand (1934-1993) was a painter and video artist in New York, N.Y.
Donated 1998 and 2000 by Lynn Braswell, Wiegand's widow.
Funding for the processing of this collection was provided by by a grant from the Mellon Foundation through the Council of Library and Information Resources' Hidden Collections grant program.
How to Use this Collection
- Read the Finding Aid for this collection
- Some of the videocassettes in this collection have been digitized for research access and are available at Archives of American Art offices.
- Ingrid Wiegand has retained copyright where applicable to videos she co-produced. AAA has been given a non-exclusive license to reproduce and display.
- Use of original papers requires an appointment and is limited to the Archives' Washington, D.C., Research Center. Contact Reference Services for more information.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.