Scull, Robert C., b. 1917 d. 1986
Collector, Art patron
Active in New York, N.Y.
Collection size: 2 linear ft.
Collection Summary: Letters from Michael Heizer, Walter De Maria, and letters about works purchased; material relating to John Tweddle, including an illustrated New Year greeting from Tweddle, 1973, photographs of work by him, and legal and financial records regarding Scull's purchases of his work; miscellaneous financial material; photographs of Scull, Robert Rauschenberg, Andy Warhol, Michael Heizer, Richard Bellamy, George Segal, and others, and of works owned by Scull; and an exhibition catalog, The Street Painters, 1981.
Biographical/Historical Note: Art collector; New York, N.Y.
Donated 1993 by Mrs. Robert Scull, Scull's widow. Additional papers are expected.
How to Use this Collection
- COLLECTION IS BEING PROCESSED AND DIGITIZED AND IS CLOSED TO RESEARCHERS.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- Oral history interview with Robert Scull, 1972 June 15-28
- Robert Scull appointment books, 1955-1973
- Image and Media Gallery items from other collections related to Scull, Robert C.