Richenburg, Robert, b. 1917 d. 2006
Active in East Hampton, N.Y.
Collection size: 5.3 linear feet
Collection Summary: The Robert Richenburg papers, circa 1910s-2008, measure 5.3 linear feet. Biographical material, correspondence, subject files, writings, audio/visual recordings, printed material, and photographs document the professional career and personal life of the educator and New York School painter and sculptor best known for his Abstract Expressionist paintings.
Biographical/Historical Note: Robert Bartlett Richenburg (1917-2006) was a painter and educator in New York City, Ithaca, and East Hampton, N.Y.
Donated in 2008 by Margaret Kerr, widow of Robert Richenburg, on behalf of herself and his son Ronald Richenburg.
How to Use this Collection
- Read the Finding Aid for this collection
- Use of original papers requires an appointment and is limited to the Archives' Washington, D.C., Research Center. Contact Reference Services for more information.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- Oral history interview with Robert Richenburg, 1968 August 27
- Image and Media Gallery items from other collections related to Richenburg, Robert