Hunter, Robert Douglas, b. 1928
Active in Boston, Mass.
Collection size: 29 items (on partial microfilm reel).
Collection Summary: Material relating to the annual Boston Arts Festival, 1961-1964, and the role of the Committee for Fair Representaion in Art Exhibitions, Boston, Massachusetts, of which Hunter was vice-chairman. Included are 7 letters, 2 statements, and 20 clippings relating to the controversy over the jury system used at the festivals and the quality of works exhibited.
Biographical/Historical Note: Painter and instructor; Boston, Massachusetts.
Donated 1974 by Robert Douglas Hunter.
How to Use this Collection
- Microfilm roll 2814 available at Archives of American Art offices and through interlibrary loan.
- Use of original papers requires an appointment and is limited to the Archives' Washington, D.C., Research Center. Microfilmed materials must be consulted on microfilm. Contact Reference Services for more information.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- Boston painters : sound recording, 1971 Nov. 14
- Oral history interview with Robert Douglas Hunter, 1973 Jan. 11-Feb. 25
- Image and Media Gallery items from other collections related to Hunter, Robert Douglas