Vose, Robert C. (Robert Churchill), b. 1911 d. 1998
Active in Boston, Mass.
Collection size: 5 items (on 2 partial microfilm reels)
Collection Summary: Writings and printed material.
REEL 3480: A 5-page typescript "Sanford Ballard Dole Low" contains Vose's recollections of Low, a painter and dealer in New Britain, Connecticut. Included are photocopies of 3 clippings (1961), regarding Low's "Man of the Year" award from the New Britain Press Club.
REEL 4314: Undated typescript, 36 p., for Vose's "Alvan Fisher," a biographical account of a genre and landscape painter.
Biographical/Historical Note: Art dealer; Boston, Mass.
Donated by Robert Vose, Jr. The photocopied typescript on reel 4314 was discarded after microfilming.
How to Use this Collection
- Microfilm reels 3480 and 4314 available for use at Archives of American Art offices and through interlibrary loan.
- Use of original papers requires an appointment and is limited to the Archives' Washington, D.C., Research Center. Microfilmed materials must be consulted on microfilm. Contact Reference Services for more information.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- Lecture at Somerset Club [videorecording]
- Oral history interview with Robert C. Vose, 1986 June 27-July 23
- Robert C. Vose lecture, 1987 May 14