Howard, Robert Boardman, b. 1896 d. 1983
Active in Calif.
Collection size: 0.6 linear ft. (on 3 partial microfilm reels).
Collection Summary: Correspondence with family and business associates; writings and notes; business papers; catalogs, announcements, clippings and other printed items; photographs of Howard with his brother,1916, working in his studio, a studio party (guests include Elmer Bischoff and David Park) and Howard's works, 1922-1975 and miscellany.
Biographical/Historical Note: Sculptor; San Francisco, California.
Donated 1975 by Robert Boardman Howard.
How to Use this Collection
- Microfilm rolls 1711-1712 and roll 1819 available at Archives of American Art offices and through interlibrary loan.
- Use of original papers requires an appointment and is limited to the Archives' Washington, D.C., Research Center. Microfilmed materials must be consulted on microfilm. Contact Reference Services for more information.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- Oral history interview with Robert Boardman Howard, 1964 Sept. 16
- Image and Media Gallery items from other collections related to Howard, Robert Boardman