Grooms, Red, b. 1937
Active in New York, N.Y.
Collection size: 1.0 linear ft. (on 2 microfilm reels).
Collection Summary: Letters, many illustrated, from Groom's wife, Mimi Gross; letters from Dominic Falcone, other friends and his mother; brief financial records, 1962; two exhibition announcements; a contract with Rudolf Burckhardt for their film, "Shoot the Moon"; three photographs of Grooms and Mimi Gross; and printed miscellany.
Biographical/Historical Note: Painter; New York, N.Y. Born Charles Grooms, 1937.
Donated 1980 by Red Grooms.
How to Use this Collection
- Microfilm reels 2078 and 2079 available for use at Archives of American Art offices only.
- ACCESS RESTRICTED; written permission required.
Use of original papers requires an appointment and is limited to the Archives' Washington, D.C., Research Center. Microfilmed materials must be consulted on microfilm. Contact Reference Services for more information.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- Oral history interview with Red Grooms, 1967 Sept. 5
- Oral history interview with Red Grooms, 1974 Mar. 4-18
- Red Grooms and Marisol interviews, [ca. 1965.]
- Image and Media Gallery items from other collections related to Grooms, Red