Horowitz, Raymond J., b. 1916 d. 2005
Active in New York, N.Y.
Collection size: 5.0 linear feet
Collection Summary: The papers of collectors Raymond and Margaret Horowitz measure 5.4 linear feet and date from 1903-2007, with the bulk of the material dating from 1960- 2007. The collection documents the Horowitzes' activities as collectors through art collection files, including appraisals, sales information, printed material, and photographs of artwork; files of artwork sold or donated; accession records, including inventory lists of paintings and prints; and catalog information.
Biographical/Historical Note: Raymond Horowitz (1916-2005) and Margaret Horowitz (1915-2005) were art collectors in New York, New York.
The papers of Raymond and Margaret Horowitz were donated in 2015 by Stephen L. Ingerman, the executor of the estate of Raymond and Margaret Horowitz.
How to Use this Collection
- Read the Finding Aid for this collection
- Use of original papers requires an appointment and is limited to the Archives' Washington, D.C., Research Center.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- Oral history interview with Raymond J. Horowitz, 1973 Jan. 17
- Oral history interview with Raymond J. Horowitz, 2004 Oct. 20-Nov. 5