Soyer, Raphael, b. 1899 d. 1987
Active in New York, N.Y.
Collection size: 1 item (on partial microfilm reel)
Collection Summary: A handwritten transcript of a lecture delivered to the Skowhegan Art School, summer 1960.
Biographical/Historical Note: Painter; New York, N.Y. Noted for his social realism in painting.
Donated 1961 by Bella Fishko.
How to Use this Collection
- Microfilm reel 3472 available for use at Archives of American Art offices and through interlibrary loan.
- Use of original papers requires an appointment and is limited to the Archives' Washington, D.C., Research Center. Microfilmed materials must be consulted on microfilm. Contact Reference Services for more information.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- Artists' statement, 1947
- Oral history interview with Raphael Soyer, 1981 May 13-June 1
- Raphael Soyer papers, 1933-1989
- Image and Media Gallery items from other collections related to Soyer, Raphael