McCray, Porter A., b. 1908 d. 2000
Active in New York, N.Y.
Collection size: 11.4 linear feet
Collection Summary: The papers of New York City arts administrator Porter A. McCray measure 11.4 linear feet and date from 1936 to 1989. The papers include scattered biographical materials, correspondence, and writings and notes. The bulk of the collection consists of professional files documenting his advisory and consulting work for museums, institutions, organizations, and foundations. Also found within the collection are printed materials and photographs of McCray and artwork.
Biographical/Historical Note: Porter A. McCray (1908-2000) was an arts administrator based in New York City, New York.
The collection was donated in 1994 by Porter McCray.
Funding for the processing of this collection was provided by the Smithsonian Institution Collections Care and Preservation Fund.
How to Use this Collection
- Read the Finding Aid for this collection
- Use of original papers requires an appointment and is limited to the Archives' Washington, D.C., Research Center. Contact Reference Services for more information.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- Oral history interview with Porter A. McCray, 1977 Sept. 17-Oct. 4
- Image and Media Gallery items from other collections related to McCray, Porter A.