Kadish, Reuben, b. 1913 d. 1992
Painter, Muralist, Educator, Sculptor
Active in New York, N.Y.
Collection size: 8 photographic prints; b&w ; 10 x 8 in. and smaller. (reel 5660)
Collection Summary: Included are: Kadish, Philip Guston, and Jules Langsner on mural scaffold, Mexico, 1934; Kadish, Guston, Mrs. Fletcher Martin, an unidentified woman and a dog, 1935; a portrait of Philip Guston; 3 of Kadish and Guston with their joint mural in the Library at the City of Hope, Duarte, California, ca. 1936; Ingre Guston and Daniel Kadish on their wedding day with Philip and Ken Guston, ca. 1962; and Kadish and Guston in front of a blank wall, ca. 1965.
Biographical/Historical Note: Mural painter, painter, lithographer; New York, N.Y. Worked with Philip Guston on murals for the Treasury Department in the 1930's.
Donated 1984 by Reuben Kadish.
How to Use this Collection
- Use of original papers requires an appointment and is limited to the Archives' Washington, D.C., Research Center. Contact Reference Services for more information.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- Oral history interview with Reuben Kadish, 1964 Oct. 22
- Oral history interview with Reuben Kadish, 1992 Apr. 15
- Reuben Kadish papers, 1851-1995, (bulk 1913-1995)
- Image and Media Gallery items from other collections related to Kadish, Reuben