Penguin Club (New York, N.Y.)
Collection size: 10 items (partially microfilmed on one reel)
Collection Summary: An announcement for "The Penguin Strawberry Festival" at Cella's Park, Fort Lee, N.J., 1917, and related clippings; an announcement for "A Penguin Post Season Dinner to celebrate the departure permanently to England of the honorable and talented Horace Brodsky," 1923; an invitation and note to LaSalle Spier regarding a stag dinner of the "Union Square Fire Brigade" sponsored by the Penguin Club, 1926, including "The Volunteer Firemen" song; and three invitations with original sketches by Henry Fitch Taylor to his Thanksgiving dinner, 1915.
Biographical/Historical Note: Art club, New York, N.Y. Founded by Walt Kuhn in 1917. Located on East 15th Street.
Donated anonymously, 1995.
How to Use this Collection
- Microfilm reel 5152 available at Archives of American Art offices and through interlibrary loan.
- Use of original papers requires an appointment and is limited to the Archives' Washington, D.C., Research Center. Microfilmed materials must be consulted on microfilm. Contact Reference Services for more information.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- Penguin Club invitations, 1923 and 1926
- Image and Media Gallery items from other collections related to Penguin Club (New York, N.Y.)