Manship, Paul Howard, b. 1885 d. 1966
Sculptor, Art teacher, Author
Active in New York, N.Y.
Collection size: 2.0 linear ft. (partially microfilmed on 7 reels)
Collection Summary: Correspondence; writings; family records; photographs; calender notebooks; and clippings.
REELS NY59-15-NY59-17: Correspondence, 1940-1947; manuscripts of writings on art; family records; photographs; and clippings. Correspondents include Charles Dana Gibson, Henry Kreis, and Booth Tarkington.
REELS N714-N717: Calendar notebooks, 1925-1965.
UNMICROFILMED: Photostat of the Sangston family tree, made at Massillon, Ohio, in 1919. From the original owned by Paul Manship.
Biographical/Historical Note: Sculptor; New York, N.Y.
Material on reels NY59-15-NY59-17 & N714-N717 lent for microfilming 1959 & 1967 by Paul and son John Manship; unmicrofilmed family tree donated 1959 by Paul Manship.
How to Use this Collection
- Microfilm reels NY59-15-NY59-17 & N714-N717 available for use at Archives of American Art offices and through interlibrary loan.
- Use of original papers requires an appointment and is limited to the Archives' Washington, D.C., Research Center. Microfilmed materials must be consulted on microfilm. Contact Reference Services for more information.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- Oral history interview with Paul Manship, 1959 February 18
- Paul Manship estate papers, 1966
- Paul Manship interview, 1956 Oct. 9-31
- Paul Manship letter to Dr. Hugh Stalker, 1956 Nov. 8
- Image and Media Gallery items from other collections related to Manship, Paul Howard