Manship, Paul Howard, b. 1885 d. 1966
Sculptor, Art teacher, Author
Active in New York, N.Y.
Collection size: 132 items.
Collection Summary: Correspondence and legal documents regarding the final distribution of art works in the estate of Paul Manship, 1966, and an inventory and appraisal of art objects in Manship's New York studio at 901 Broadway and his summer home at Lanesville near Glousester, Massachusetts. Checkmarks in the inventory indicate works selected by the Smithsonian Institution for the National Museum of American Art.
Transferred 1986 from the National Museum of American Art through the Smithsonian Institution Archives.
How to Use this Collection
- Microfilm reel 3829 available at Archives of American Art offices and through interlibrary loan.
- Use of original papers requires an appointment and is limited to the Archives' Washington, D.C., Research Center. Microfilmed materials must be consulted on microfilm. Contact Reference Services for more information.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- Oral history interview with Paul Manship, 1959 February 18
- Paul Manship interview, 1956 Oct. 9-31
- Paul Manship letter to Dr. Hugh Stalker, 1956 Nov. 8
- Paul Manship papers, 1863-1965
- Image and Media Gallery items from other collections related to Manship, Paul Howard