Cadmus, Paul, b. 1904 d. 1999
Active in Weston, Conn.
Collection size: 49 items (on partial microfilm reel).
Collection Summary: 39 letters, 3 notes, 8 cards, and 2 postcards from Paul Cadmus to Webster Aitken, 1945-1979 and undated, mentioning many topics, including music, composers, musicians, mutual friends, his sister and brother in-law Mr. and Mrs. Lincoln Kirstein, travel, and Cadmus's work.
Biographical/Historical Note: Cadmus, painter, Weston, Conn., b. 1904, d. Dec. 12, 1999; Aitken, musician, New York, N.Y.
Donated 1981 by Mrs. Webster Aitken, widow of Aitken.
How to Use this Collection
- Microfilm reel 2786 available at Archives of American Art offices and through interlibrary loan.
- Collection is being processed and digitized and is CLOSED to researchers.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- Oral history interview with Paul Cadmus, 1988 March 22-May 5
- Image and Media Gallery items from other collections related to Cadmus, Paul